Monday, August 2, 2010

The Last Year

Today I start my 5th and final year of college. That's a strange thing to think about. Within this next year I will run a half marathon, turn 23, take Geology (seriously?) and ultimately leave the one consistent institution in my life- School. I've never been one to count down the days till the end of school because it was inevitable that another year would come- but this year? Soooo not the case. I'll probably be so busy I won't even be mentally present 60% of the time, but it will be a good year because it will be the last one. I will finally read and write my last chapter of school.


Dear Blog,

Dear Gatorade- apparently you are the cause of my most recent cavity. I'm afraid I must water you down from here on out.

Dear Jogger's Mase- Yeup. You work. My brothers gagging is proof.

Dear Natasha Beddingfield- You know your voice is somewhat reminiscent of little Zack Hanson.

Dear Bumble Bee- You ain't getting past the fortress that is my windshield.

Dear Late Night Crime Shows- You are further affirmation of why I never want to live alone.

Dear Sun- As a woman, I get your incessant need to be really hot. But when my earrings are hot enough to singe my neck after being outside for only 2 minutes, it's enough.

Dear New Year's Res- Given the surprise success in 2010 for working out/running, I've already started planning for 2011. Possible option? Get a realistic perspective on love and forgo romantic comedies/chick flicks.

Dear Beer- I've never craved you until I made you off limits for training. Now you look as good as honey looked on Winnie the Pooh. Or Pizza on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

LoveAlways,
Gnarleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent News