Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Blunders Shmunders.

Warning: Written under highly emotional circumstances, and personal content is involved. If you do not do well with such material, please skip a couple paragraphs to the Dear Blog.

I'm a tactile learner; I see it as a good and a bad thing. On one hand you don't learn from the mistakes or advice of others, you have to physically and personally make the mistake yourself to learn from it. On the other hand, no one understands or feels the consequence as fully as the tactile learner. They are engrained in our soul because we not only know them, we FEEL them. Hence, why they call us "tactile".

I remember my biggest mistakes, mainly because I get a pain straight in my throat as well as my gut remembering the hurt it caused people. Just like anybody a lot of my mistakes revolve around relationships. I remember cheating on a boyfriend. I've been the person a guy has cheated with. I've jumped into a relationship too quickly and spent the next 2 years subconsciously making his life miserable. I've given too much of myself to someone I don't know enough about. I think I've covered all the biggins. Being tactile has left some of those wounds (regrets, loathing, whatever you want to call it) open even years later because I can still feel them.

Not to say I have never repeated my mistakes twice, but that throat pain is key to keeping me from making those mistakes again. I want to end my rambling with this: we will all wrong ourselves and we will all wrong others. Let the fact that we feel the pain and we know our wrong doings be enough to punish and forgive ourselves. If there is truth to that statement, then others have made my mistakes, and have made ones maybe I have not made yet. Please. Just let them go.


Dear Blog,

Dear Nose-Goes- You officially got me out of writing the introduction for my group paper.Your legitimacy is up to par with the pinky promise in my book.

Dear Spiders- I'm glad to see you've learned your lesson. The last spider I saw ran up his web into the tree and curled into a ball when he saw me. He knows I'll kill him. Or at least get my dad to.

Dear Midnight- It's been along time since I've been awake to see you. I feel like a college student again.

Dear Summer Bugs- You make the trees sound like they are full of rattle snakes. Quite creepy.

Dear Attractive Man at the coffee shop- Damn. I wore a dress. and didn't shave. Being more proactive could prove useful to me.

Dear Beer- 3rd letter in 3 weeks. But I just wanted to say you are not as good when spilled on my head. That is all.

Dear Jeans- You are fitting my waist better since training commenced, but now you get caught up on my muscular man calves. This is what the business world would call a trade off.

Dear Ex Boyfriends- If you read the initial rambling, you would know if you were the one I cheated on, so don't worry- No new surprises for you today.

Dear MacBook- When I have you out, I simply pretend like I'm actually doing something. In reality, I'm merely blogging and facebooking.

Dear Barista- I'm sorry if I scared you when I said "It's that time". I forget words like that are terrifying coming from a woman. I just meant to say that it was that time to redeem my punch card for a free drink.

LoveAlways,
Gnarleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent News